On-Boarding Instructions / Getting Started
FOR BEST RESULTS, PRIOR TO FIRST USE:
- Close all open apps other than Uber, Lyft, Postmates, Google Maps, and Waze.
- Make sure your wi-fi is turned off (unless you have a reliable hot-spot)
Restart your device now and at least once a day.
- Mystro supports Android devices running operating system 7.0 or higher with at least 2.0 GB (gigabytes) of RAM or higher.
- After signing in you will be taken through a series of screens (Accessibility, Notifications, and Overlays) that will assist you with on-boarding onto Mystro.
(Some steps may be skipped depending on device and Android software version.)
- Sign in to your Uber and/or Lyft apps if installed.
- Open Mystro app and tap GET STARTED.
- Enter the PHONE NUMBER you used to register with Mystro.
- Enter the VERIFICATION CODE sent to you via SMS.
- PRIVACY Warning appears. Tap I AGREE.
- ACCESSIBILITY Service screen appears. Tap TURN ON ACCESSIBILITY.
- Tap on Mystro Accessibility Service, toggle ON
- Use Mystro Accessibility Service pops up, tap OK
- SCREEN READING notification appears. Tap ENABLE SCREEN READING.
- "Mystro will start capturing everything that's displayed on your screen" pops up, check 'Don't Show again' and tap START NOW.
- OVERLAY Settings screen appears tap ENABLE OVERLAYS
- "Display over other apps" appears, Scroll down to locate Mystro. Tap on Mystro, toggle on 'Allow display over other apps'
- You’ll get a NOTIFICATION Settings pop-up, tap on 'ENABLE NOTIFICATION SETTINGS'
- "Notification access" screen appears, toggle on 'Mystro Notification Service', Tap ALLOW on the next screen
- You’ll get a LOCATION ACCESS pop-up, tap 'ENABLE LOCATION ACCESS' then tap on ALLOW on the next screen.
- Mystro home page loads.